If you were charged with reckless driving in Virginia Beach, you will be summoned to appear at the General District Court in Virginia Beach. The court house is located at 2425 Nimmo Parkway, Virginia Beach, VA 23456-9057. Virginia Beach General District Court has a reputation for being a very strict court. There are several judges in the Virginia Beach General District Court. The current judges are: Hon. Gene A. Woolard, Hon. Teresa N. Hammons, Hon. Elizabeth S. Hodges, Hon. Salvatore R. Iaquinto, Hon. Daniel Roger Lahne, Hon. Robert F. Hagans Jr. and Hon. Paul David Merullo. Judges rotate on the bench so it is hard to predict which judge you will get.
- Virginia Beach Traffic Court Docket
- Commonwealth Attorney Involvement
- Possible Reckless Driving Defenses
- A speedometer calibration of your vehicle may help your case if you were charged with reckless driving by speed. I can help you analyze if this is a good idea for your fact pattern. When I go to court, I make sure to check that the police officer has his Virginia Code mandated calibrations done for his equipment. If the officer paced you to determine your speed, there may be other defenses.
- In all reckless driving cases, whether reckless driving for passing a bus or for failure to maintain control of a vehicle, I make sure the police officer or trooper proves his case beyond a reasonable doubt. In accident cases, I look for whether hearsay is involved and whether testimony is admissible in court.
- Going to driving school before court may be an option for you. I can help you analyze if this is a good idea.
If you are still wondering, “Do I really need an Attorney?“, please read this article. I would be glad to go over the specifics of your case with you. In cases where there is enough evidence to find you guilty, I can make an argument to have your charges reduced based on mitigating factors.
Call 757-932-0464 for a free consultation on your reckless driving charge.