If you were charged with reckless driving in Northampton County, you will be summoned to appear at the General District Court in Northampton. The court house is located at 5229 The Hornes, Eastville, VA 23347. Hon. Gordon S. Vincent presides over the Northampton General District Court. He is the same judge that presides over the Accomack General District Court.
Many of my clients are out of state drivers passing through a town they were not familiar with. Drivers are surprised that speeding on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, where they were not expecting law enforcement to camp out, would land them a criminal misdemeanor charge of reckless driving. Others driving on Route 13 are surprised that certain parts of that highway have a speed limit of 45 mph, when most of the highway is 55 mph. If you don’t reside in Virginia, I may be able to have your case tried in your absence.
- Northampton Traffic Court Docket
- Commonwealth Attorney Involvement
- Possible Reckless Driving Defenses
- A speedometer calibration of your vehicle may help your case if you were charged with reckless driving by speed. I can help you analyze if this is a good idea for your fact pattern. When I go to court, I make sure to check that the police officer has his Virginia Code mandated calibrations done for his equipment. If the officer paced you to determine your speed, there may be other defenses.
- In all reckless driving cases, whether reckless driving for passing a bus or for failure to maintain control of a vehicle, I make sure the police officer or trooper proves his case beyond a reasonable doubt. In accident cases, I look for whether hearsay is involved and whether testimony is admissible in court.
- Going to driving school before court may be an option for you. I can help you analyze if this is a good idea.
If you are still wondering, “Do I really need an Attorney?“, please read this article. I would be glad to go over the specifics of your case with you. In cases where there is enough evidence to find you guilty, I can make an argument to have your charges reduced based on mitigating factors.
Call 757-932-0464 for a free consultation on your reckless driving charge.